Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Introduction







Hi, I'm Marie Frankson and I'm the Half-Pint Historian and the Albany, New York History Examiner on examiner.com. I grew up in a small town in the Lake George area of the Southern Adriondack Mountains, an area rich in French and Indian War and American Revolution history. To me, history is all about making connections, about drawing a proverbial line leading from event to event, about getting to know the area--what happened there, why, and who was involved. People don't often realize that; people don't often have the urge to want to know what went on. People think that history happens in other places but history happens right in our own backyards. As a lifelong learner and a lover of history, I believe that our greatest treasure is our past and that we should learn about the past so that we can be more conscious of the changes in our own time. Like Dr. Carl Sagan said, “You have to know the past to understand the present." I will lead you through history using written facts and visuals such as pictures, diagrams, and even video clips. So join me as I travel through time and see what this great country has been through as the years have gone by. What secret treasures does this country and its history hold? Well, let's find out.


Also, you can follow me on Twitter @MarieFrankson, "Like" my fan page on Facebook, and add me as a friend for all sorts of updates!




https://www.examiner.com/history-in-albany/marie-frankson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Global Concerns in the Cold War Part II

Hello readers! It's been a while since I last posted an update here on the blog. Since my last post, I submitted my second manuscript to...