Thursday, August 9, 2018

A New Adventure



Hello readers. I know I've been away for a while but I have fantastic news--I've been diligently chipping away at a manuscript that will be published by Arcadia Publishing/The History Press in the spring of 2020! I submitted a revised version of my graduate school thesis back in April after I got my grade back on it and was contacted by the acquisitions editor for The History Press (a subsidiary of Arcadia Publishing) saying that my manuscript wasn't what they were looking for; however, he stated that my writing style is what they were looking for and had me pitch another idea. A few days later after giving it some thought and doing a whole lot of research, I pitched a new idea--a book about the wilderness frontier raids in Upstate New York during the American Revolution. I knew it was something they didn't already have a book about and I had already done some research on the topic for my graduate thesis and had written an article about it for the New York History Blog (check that blog out here) so I was confident in my abilities to write a full manuscript about it. This project did get approved and I was sent a publishing contract a few days ago. This is such an exciting time for me and I'm so excited to be sharing this amazing news with all of you! However, I know some of you may be concerned with the state of affairs here at the blog--I'm writing this post to tell you all not to worry because I'm still going to be devoting time to write posts for this blog as well. Each and every one of you, readers, have made me realize how much I enjoy writing for an audience that enjoys history and have pushed me to explore other avenues so I can continue to pursue my love of writing and history.

Be on the lookout for more posts in the near future as well as updates on how my manuscript is going. Remember to "like" the Facebook page for this blog at Marie Williams, The Half-Pint Historian and follow me on Twitter @MarieDAWilliams.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Global Concerns in the Cold War Part II

Hello readers! It's been a while since I last posted an update here on the blog. Since my last post, I submitted my second manuscript to...