Friday, April 3, 2020

COVID19 Hiatus

Hi everyone! It's been a while since I last updated this blog. I had a post handwritten out that I was going to type out a couple weeks ago but, like many other places, the COVID19 outbreak has forced me into a social distancing isolation. I haven't been home since March 19th; I was at my boyfriend's house when the social distancing orders went through and am staying at least until April 19th. So, since my research is sitting at my home, this blog will be taking a bit if a hiatus.

However, that doesn't mean I haven't been busy. This is the first major disease outbreak that has affected my life, so I've been keeping track of the numbers in my area of New York State. The 2009 H1N1 outbreak didn't affect me as much as this pandemic is; I was 18 in 2009 and was more concerned with other things--finishing high school, spending time with my boyfriend at the time before I went to college, and college--so I didn't track that outbreak. With this, so many people I know are out of work or are working from home. I'm still employed; I'm an essential worker, a member of the energy services.

Here's how I've been keeping track of the outbreak, and I'll provide a link to where I've been getting my information as well.


I hope to be back to posting semi-regularly here on the blog again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Global Concerns in the Cold War Part II

Hello readers! It's been a while since I last posted an update here on the blog. Since my last post, I submitted my second manuscript to...